Bulk Herb Store

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Full of beans



This morning the boys were messing around, playing pirates (any excuse to attack each other). You like their pirate hats? Super Why is wearing a knee pad from a ninja costume and Cheeseburger Boy is wearing the king hat from Bookworms princess party a few years ago. Anyhow, after I could take no more screaming and attacking, boys pouncing at each other over the entire house I knew what had to be done. I had to dig into the craft cabinet and get something that they could both play with, next to each other without having to come into direct contact with each other...BEANS. Beans, beans the magical fruit? Better believe it, if it can keep my boys happy, busy and not screeching through the house pummeling anything that dare get close enough it's got to be magic. They loved measuring out the beans and pouring them back and forth between the bowls. The kidney beans and the white beans that fell on the floor were pretty easy to clean up but the lentils that's another story. They actually weren't that bad, at least I used the green lentils and not the red ones, I never would have found them in my carpet.

No comments: